What percentage of World Vision donation goes to children?

Word Vision USA consistently say that they use 87% of their total “operating expenses” for programs that benefit children, families, and communities. They seem to avoid using the word “donations” or “income”. The reason for this distinction is not clear.

World Vision US also do not exactly what percetnage specifically benefits children. Instead they bucket the support as being being directed at families, communities and children, which is quite reasonable to do since children are highly dependent on family and community structures.

World Vision UK says that in 2021 they helped 2 million children and 4 million people. They go on to say that they spend 81% of their total income on charitable activities to care for and protect vulnerable children around the world. The other 19% of their income is spent on fund raising.

What is World Vision?

World Vision is an international Christian relief and development movement that has been around since 1950. It provides humanitarian aid to those in need all over the world, and it also gives back to communities by providing opportunities for education, healthcare, and work. The goal is, “to see children live a healthy life and experience lasting change.”

When was World Vision founded?

World Vision is an international Christian humanitarian organization that was founded in 1950 by Rev. Dr. Bob Pierce.

What is wrong with World Vision?

Iit was reported that World Vision staff members sexually abused a child at an orphanage in Haiti. This caused many Americans to stop donating or even think about giving their money to World Vision.

Some people also criticize Word Vision for maintaining Christianity as a core focus in their work. Some have claimed that they spend a portion of the donation’s evangelising. For those who don’t believe in god, evangelising could seems to be a waste of money.

How to cancel World Vision?

A customer can cancel their account with World Vision at anytime through their website or by contacting them directly:

Call: 01908 84 10 10
Email: [email protected]

At what age does world vision sponsorship end?

Children can generally be sponsored up to the age of 18. However, this depends on the circumstances of a child’s life. Some people sponsor the same child for over ten years, until they leave school or reach adulthood. This can be at different ages depending on the country they are in or the age they started school.

Where is world vision headquarters?

World Vision has nearly 35,000 employees located in 100 countries, spanning six continents. As such, have offices around the world. Their international headquarters are located at this address:

800 W Chestnut Ave, Monrovia, CA 91016, U.S.A.